PO BOX 116
NELSON MANDELA BAY MUNICIPALITY
Alternatively contact the Corporate Services Directorate, tel. (041) 506-3259
NO faxed applications will be accepted.
In terms of its Employment Equity Plan, the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is committed to employment practices that redress past imbalances in respect of race, gender, creed and disability, and as such the relevant policy will be considered during selection and placement.
Applications are invited from suitably
qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned position. Persons with
a disability are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will be required to disclose his/her financial interests and undergo pre-employment screening and competency assessment as part of the selection process in respect of the positions below.
Appointment to the position below will be made on a 5 year fixed-term performance-based contract in terms of Sections 54A, 56 and 57 of theLocal Government: Municipal Systems Act, 2000 (Act No. 32 of 2000), as amended (the MSA), read together with the Local Government: Municipal Performance Regulations, 2006, Government Gazette No 37245 dd 17/1/2014, Government Gazette No. 41173 dd 10/10/2017 and the Local Government: Municipal Finance Management Act (Act No. 56 of 2003): and the Municipal Regulations on Minimum Competency Levels, 2007.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: HUMAN SETTLEMENTS
(FIVE-YEAR FIXED TERM PERFORMANCE-BASED CONTRACT)
LOCATION: LILLIAN DIEDERICKS BUILDING: PORT ELIZABETH
POSITION CODE / REFERENCE NUMBER: 8174
ANNUAL TOTAL REMUNERATION PACKAGE PER ANNUM:
Minimum: R1 522 577; Midpoint: R1 868 192; Maximum: R2 213 808)
The remuneration package offered will be
commensurate with the level of qualifications, skills, competencies and
experience required from the incumbent.
In terms of the policy and legislative framework of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, this position reports directly to the City Manager, and the successful candidate will form part of the management team of the Municipal Administration Team as a whole.
The Human Settlements Directorate is responsible for implementing the Council’s policies through consultation with communities and the planning and implementation of sustainable human settlements within the area of jurisdiction of the Municipality, as an agent of Provincial and National Government and, in due course, as recipient of devolved responsibility in terms of Section 156 of the Constitution, whilst co-ordinating and integrating its activities with the other service delivery components of the Municipality.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Building Sciences / Architect / Bachelor Degree in Town and Regional Planning or Development Studies; or equivalent.
WORK RELATED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 5 years’ experience at middle management level; and
- Have proven successful Professional Developmental / Town and Regional Planning experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation;
- Good understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management;
- Good knowledge of supply chain management regulations and the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000 (Act No. 5 of 2000);
- Knowledge of geographical information systems; and
- Knowledge of spatial, town and development planning.
- A Certificate in Municipal Finance Management, Certificate Programme in Municipal Development ( CPMD ) , or attaining within 18 months of appointment the number of unit standards required for designated officials in terms of the 2007 Municipal Regulations on Competency Levels.
- A valid Code EB driver’s licence.
- Added advantages would be a Project Management certificate or diploma and/ or registration as a Professional Planner in accordance with the Planning Profession Act, 2002. (Act No. 36 of 2002).
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Fulfilling the role of manager and head of administration of the Human Settlements Directorate, and co-ordinating and integrating the multi-sectoral and intersphere processes and demands relating to the delivery of sustainable human settlements.
- Implementing, managing and maintaining the municipal Multi-disciplinary Sustainable Human Settlement Policy and Framework within the context of the national and provincial government policy and implementation guidelines.
- Procuring the services of building professionals, civil and building contractors and other goods and services in terms of the regulatory framework of the Municipality's Supply Chain Management Policy.
- Establishing and managing contractual and other relationships with government departments, building professionals, civil and building contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Establishing and maintaining a comprehensive set of management and financial systems and controls within the Directorate and implementing a regular reporting regime in terms of the requirements of the MFMA and municipal accounting standards.
- Contributing to the Integrated Development Plan (IDP) of the Municipality, developing and implementing a departmental budget in terms thereof, and managing and accounting for funds allocated in terms thereof.
- Managing the human resources of the Directorate in a highly unionised environment, so as to contribute to labour peace and minimise disputes.
of academic qualifications:
- All applications must be accompanied by certified copies of academic qualifications.
- Short-listed candidates will be required to produce their original academic qualifications at the interview.
- Should the necessity to determine equivalence of qualification and/or the verification/confirmation of same be required, this should be established via the relevant verification authority and the responsibility will rest with the applicants themselves.
- Canvassing of Councillors is not permitted and proof thereof will result in disqualification.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY, 17 JULY 2020 before 14h00.
Ref. 65 - 5 July 2020